The Best Vegetables to Eat Daily
It was a sad day when I learned that meat was the source of my serious digestive issues. From here on out it was going to be 100% veggies. And I was a great cook! Steaks, BBQ, I was a meat master. But learning the ins and outs of vegetables taught me a lot of things about staying healthy. So much so, that it actually pulled me out of the ditch, so that I could even eat some meat again!
In the world of nutrition, vegetables reign supreme. Incorporating vegetables into your daily diet is essential for overall health and wellness. Not only do they provide vital nutrients and minerals, but they also contain disease-fighting properties that can help protect your body from harm. In this article, we’ll look at veggies and nutrition, and take a deep dive into the top 10 nutrient-dense vegetables that you should include in your diet.
And we won't stop there. We'll look at how vegetables in their microgreen form have the highest nutrient density. Microgreens can supercharge your nutrition and you can even take them in a convenient supplement form. Get ready to learn how you can take your health to the next level.
How Dense Are You? 😄
If you’re not familiar with microgreens, then it’s time to get dense (Uh, nutrient-dense that is). Microgreens are essentially the young sprouts of vegetables and herbs, harvested when they are just a few inches tall. What makes them special is their concentrated nutrient profile. In fact, research has shown that microgreens can contain up to 40 times more nutrients than their mature counterparts.
Microgreens differ from regular vegetables in that they are harvested much earlier in their life cycle. This means that they are packed with more nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are also more flavorful than their mature counterparts, making them a popular addition to salads, sandwiches, and other dishes. And you even get them as supplements.
Some of the most nutrient-dense microgreens include fenugreek, radish, pea, mustard, sunflower, and broccoli microgreens. These microgreens are packed with nutrients and have been shown to offer a range of health benefits, from boosting energy and promoting digestion to reducing inflammation and supporting healthy gut and skin.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to incorporate microgreens into your diet is by taking a high-quality microgreen supplement like Revogreen Multivitamin. With a variety of microgreens all in one easy-to-take capsule, Revogreen Multivitamin is an easy way to get all the nutrients you need to support your overall health and well-being.
Our Top 10 List of Vegetables & Their Health Benefits
As we've mentioned before, microgreens are an incredibly nutrient-dense food source, packing up to 40 times the nutrients of their fully grown counterparts. Here’s our top 10 pick of nutrient-dense vegetable microgreens. You get the first 6 all together in Revogreen Multivitamin.
- Fenugreek Microgreens: known for their potential to boost testosterone levels and improve digestion. This is our most powerful microgreen, and is amazing as a pre-workout supplement. Read more about it here.
- Broccoli Microgreens - high in sulforaphane, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties and may support detoxification. This microgeen seems very mild, but it’s top notch when it comes to reducing inflammation throughout your body. Our clinicians say that if you only take one microgreen this is the one to take. Read more about it here.
- Radish Microgreens - packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, they can help improve heart health and reduce the risk of cancer. This is our most versatile microgreen. Not only does it boost your enegry levels, but it seems to support the effects of other microgreens. You’ll find a helpling of radish in many of our more stimulating supplements. Read more about it here.
- Pea Microgreens - rich in vitamins A and C, they may help protect against oxidative stress and support healthy skin. This is our best microgreen for pain and anxiety. Read more about it here.
- Mustard Microgreens - contain glucosinolates, which may help protect against cancer and support healthy liver function. It also helps you fall asleep and boosts your REM cycles. Read more about it here.
- Sunflower Microgreens - rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants, they may help reduce inflammation and support healthy skin and eyes. We’ve seen first hand how this microgreen clears up skin issues, and supports lung health. Read more about it here.
We actually don’t currently grow the next 4 microgreens (but we’re working on it). We did grow them back in our farmer’s market days. So we’ve got a lot of experience with them. And really, who would want to read “Top 6 Nutrient-dense Veggetables” 😋.
- Nasturtium Microgreens - a nutrient powerhouse, they're high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as iron and calcium. And just like radish, it is amazing for colds and allergies.
- Arugula Microgreens - contain high levels of nitrate, which can help lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance and also builds our DNA!. Studies have shown that it has anti-cancer properties. And arugula was traditionally used as an aphrodisiac.
- Cilantro Microgreens - may have antimicrobial properties and may help support healthy digestion. It’s also one of the tastiest microgreens you’ll ever try. Do you know that a small percentage of people think cilantro tastes like soap? But those same people can enjoy cilantro, in its microgreen form, without that soapy flavor.
- Bull's Blood Microgreens - high in antioxidants and vitamin C, they may help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation. The name is pretty gruesome, but really it’s just beets. It also has many of the blood support benefits of beet powder.
By adding these nutrient-rich vegetables to your diet, you can improve your overall health and well-being. And taking them in there microgreen form can supercharge your nutrition even more. As we said before, studies have shown that microgreens contain 40 times the nutrients of a full grown plant, which is amazing to think about considering how small they are. Another study showed that when microgreens are grown in optimal conditions, they can contain up to 240 times the nutrients! We grow our microgreens in the best conditions possible using regenerative soil and optimized growth protocols, which is why people constantly tell us that they get way more benefits from our microgreens than our competitors. And with Revogreen Multivitamin, you’ll get a complete multi-microgreen complex that offers our most complete range of vitamins and minerals to support your health. It is high in vitamins A, C, E, K, B-complex, calcium, magnesium, iron, and selenium.
In addition to Revogreen Multivitamin, our shop offers a range of microgreen supplements that can provide targeted health benefits. Here are two other products you shouldn’t let pass you by:
Some Final Thoughts
Incorporating nutrient-dense vegetables and microgreens into your diet is essential for optimal health. Our top 10 most nutrient-rich vegetables, including those high in vitamins A and K, as well as minerals and other essential nutrients, can have a significant impact on your overall well-being. But why stop there? With the convenience and effectiveness of Revogreen Multivitamin, you can supercharge your nutrition with a complete multi-microgreen complex offering a variety of vitamins and minerals to support health.
And don't forget about Revogreen Allergy and Revogreen Gut. By taking advantage of the unique benefits of microgreens, you can improve energy, digestion, immunity, skin health, and more.
So why wait? Try Revogreen Multivitamin for yourself and experience the convenience and effectiveness of a comprehensive microgreen supplement that supports optimal health. Take action now and start your journey to better health and wellness.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Droo Higgins: I’m an educational writer and strategist. I worked in the fields of public and corporate education as a content developer, trainer, and consultant for the past 12 years. I’m also an advocate for the health benefits of microgreens, as I’ve seen them work firsthand. Find me on LinkedIn.
Beata Lerman Ph.D.: I am a biochemist and an Immunologist with a passion for improving health in the most effective ways possible. I have been in many roles over my 23-year biomedical research career from academic Research and Drug Development to industry consulting and Medical affairs. I strive to bring you the most evidence-based and reliable educational content to put you back in charge of your health. Find me on LinkedIn, and try some of my gourmet, sugar-free chocolates at Sinless Treats.Images by Anthony Ievlev, & Emile-Victor Portenart on Unsplash.
Also by devmaryna, & devmaryna on Freepik